What is the best approach to building the OpenWRT with external Kernel?
Jorge Pereira
2018-03-07 15:20:22 UTC
Hi,

I have some specific board delivered with a Kernel 3.18.x that have some
specific changes that definitely I cannot run using another kernel by now.
So, what is the best approach to building the OpenWRT using this specific
Kernel path?

ps: The Kernel used by OpenWRT/LEDE has special changes for the project?

Thanks in advance.
Jorge Pereira
Florian Fainelli
2018-03-08 17:54:25 UTC
Post by Jorge Pereira
Hi,
I have some specific board delivered with a Kernel 3.18.x that have some
specific changes that definitely I cannot run using another kernel by
now. So, what is the best approach to building the OpenWRT using this
specific Kernel path?
There is an option for that:

make menuconfig
-> Advanced configuration options (for developers) ----
- > Use external kernel tree
Post by Jorge Pereira
ps: The Kernel used by OpenWRT/LEDE has special changes for the project?
Yes it does, see target/linux/generic/patches*/
Post by Jorge Pereira
Thanks in advance.
--
Jorge Pereira
Florian
Jorge Pereira
2018-03-08 19:38:00 UTC
Do you have any clue regarding the best approach to use the current OpenWRT
v17.04.1 with the Kernel v3.10.87?

--
Jorge Pereira
Post by Jorge Pereira
ps: The Kernel used by OpenWRT/LEDE has special changes for the project?
Yes it does, see target/linux/generic/patches*/
Post by Jorge Pereira
Thanks in advance.
--
Jorge Pereira