[OpenWrt-Devel] dnscrypt-proxy package missing in snapshot
Mangesh Bhamre
2017-02-07 16:21:22 UTC
Hello OpenWRT team,

I wish to bundle dnscrypt-proxy package using latest snapshot
Image-builder. I get below errors. Please recommend a fix or address it in
snapshot.

Collected errors:
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dnscrypt-proxy.
Makefile:146: recipe for target 'package_install' failed

Regards,
Mangesh
Alexandru Ardelean
2017-02-07 16:53:18 UTC
Do you have a Package/dnscrypt-proxy/install rule ?
Are you calling the BuildPackage rule ?

Do you have Package/dnscrypt-proxy/description rule ?

And check for typos if above stuff is checked.

Thanks
Alex
Mangesh Bhamre
2017-02-07 17:02:07 UTC
Hi Alex,

Snapshot don't have any reference of 'dnscrypt-proxy'. It is supported in
CC 15.05.1 and I am able to add 'dnscrypt-proxy' in list of packages to
include while building with CC Image-builder.

I scanned through all snapshot image-builder and no reference there. I run
following command to build - same works fine for CC 15.05.1

make image PROFILE=Default PACKAGES="-wpad-mini wpad luci curl
ca-certificates dnscrypt-proxy" FILES=/home/mangesh/files

Surely no typo there.

Regards,
Mangesh
Mangesh Bhamre
2017-02-11 05:35:54 UTC
Hi Alex and OpenWRT Team,

Any help on getting dnscrypt-proxy package into snapshot will be helpful.
It is working fine with 15.05.1 - but not snapshot ImageBuilder.

Regards,
Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Hi Alex,
Snapshot don't have any reference of 'dnscrypt-proxy'. It is supported in
CC 15.05.1 and I am able to add 'dnscrypt-proxy' in list of packages to
include while building with CC Image-builder.
I scanned through all snapshot image-builder and no reference there. I run
following command to build - same works fine for CC 15.05.1
make image PROFILE=Default PACKAGES="-wpad-mini wpad luci curl
ca-certificates dnscrypt-proxy" FILES=/home/mangesh/files
Surely no typo there.
Regards,
Mangesh
Alexandru Ardelean
2017-02-11 11:26:35 UTC
Hey Mangesh,

So, I don't use much ImageBuilder.
I don't even know how that works.

I usually just do

< get OpenWrt repo >
./scripts/feeds update packages
./scripts/feeds install -a
make menuconfig
< select packages I need, configure arch, etc >
make V=99 -j8
< extract image from the bin directory >

Looking through
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/master/net/dnscrypt-proxy
It looks like dnscrypt-proxy should be there.
But that's just the Makefile that builds the package.

Does ImageBuilder install pre-built packages from an OpenWrt mirror ?
Because on some architectures, dnscrypt-proxy looks broken.

Example:
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/mpc85xx/
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/kirkwood/
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/bcm53xx/
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/ar71xx.mikrotik/
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/adm8668/

On which architecture are you trying to build ?
I understand you're trying to build on CC 15.05.1

So, a bit more info about your setup could help.
Mangesh Bhamre
2017-02-11 12:14:35 UTC
Hi Alex,

ramips architecture. Mt7620 make file.

Regards
Mangesh
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Hello OpenWRT team,
I wish to bundle dnscrypt-proxy package using latest snapshot
Image-builder. I get below errors. Please recommend a fix or address
it in
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Alexandru Ardelean
snapshot.
Alexandru Ardelean
2017-02-11 12:50:29 UTC
If I got this correctly it's broken for that target as well

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/ramips.mt7620/

It looks like an issue with the source tar ball not being present in any
OpenWrt mirror.

Well, that was the error when it tried to build.
Looks like dnscrypt-proxy was updated on the 7th of Feb 2017.

No idea how the artifact caching works on OpenWrt buildbot.

But, it could be that the issue may resolve itself, after triggering a
rebuild.
It doesn't look like it failed on all targets.
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Hello OpenWRT team,
I wish to bundle dnscrypt-proxy package using latest snapshot
Image-builder. I get below errors. Please recommend a fix or address
it in
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Alexandru Ardelean
snapshot.
Mangesh Bhamre
2017-02-13 15:33:07 UTC
Hi Alex,

Looking at build log -
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/ramips.mt7620/dnscrypt-proxy/compile.txt

Tar ball is available on download.dnscrypt.org . Build download fails for
some SSL issue.

Also, tar ball is missing on mirror2.openwrt.org and
downloads.openwrt.org/sources

Not sure, how mirror2 or download.openwrt.org gets updated. Any help in
getting is appreciated.

Regards,
Mangesh
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
It is working fine with 15.05.1 - but not snapshot ImageBuilder.
Regards,
Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Hello OpenWRT team,
I wish to bundle dnscrypt-proxy package using latest snapshot
Image-builder. I get below errors. Please recommend a fix or address
it in
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Post by Alexandru Ardelean
snapshot.
Ralph Sennhauser
2017-02-13 16:03:50 UTC
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:03:07 +0530
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Hi Alex,
Looking at build log -
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/ramips.mt7620/dnscrypt-proxy/compile.txt
Tar ball is available on download.dnscrypt.org . Build download fails
for some SSL issue.
The site has HSTS enabled. Might that be the issue?

Maybe just updating PKG_SOURCE_URL to use https might be all that
is needed. There was another user having issues with a redirect and
samba. I think he was using Ubuntu.

Ralph
Mangesh
Mangesh Bhamre
2017-05-01 09:04:13 UTC
Hello,

Last time I reported this issue was for MT7620. dnscrypt-proxy now failing
for MT7621.

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/ramips.mt7621/dnscrypt-proxy/compile.txt

I am not sure what was the fix made. Likely was related to SSL cert check.
Can anyone please look at this and fix it same way as MT7620 ?

Regards,
Mangesh
--
Regards,

*Mangesh Bhamre*
Co-founder & CTO | Open Netware <http://opennetware.com/>
+91-8879735272 | LinkedIn <https://in.linkedin.com/in/mangeshbhamre>

Mangesh
Alexandru Ardelean
2017-05-01 10:48:31 UTC
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Hello,
Last time I reported this issue was for MT7620. dnscrypt-proxy now failing for MT7621.
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/broken_packages/ramips.mt7621/dnscrypt-proxy/compile.txt
I am not sure what was the fix made. Likely was related to SSL cert check. Can anyone please look at this and fix it same way as MT7620 ?
Regards,
Mangesh
--
Regards,
Mangesh Bhamre
Co-founder & CTO | Open Netware
+91-8879735272 | LinkedIn
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Also, tar ball is missing on mirror2.openwrt.org and
downloads.openwrt.org/sources
Not sure, how mirror2 or download.openwrt.org gets updated. Any help
in getting is appreciated.
Regards,
Mangesh
Looks like the package wasn't found on OpenWrt mirrors.
Maybe some intermittent failure.

You could try to setup your own cache/mirror [for packages/tarballs]
and point your build to use that as primary, and only then fallback to
OpenWrt's official repos.
Maciej Soltysiak
2018-02-17 22:40:25 UTC
The OpenWrt Makefile aims to get dnscrypt-proxy 1.9.5 from a mirror at
https://github.com/dyne/dnscrypt-proxy

However, the upstream (Frank Denis) recently released a 2.0 which is
significantly different.
It's now written in go, instead of C and it support the new version of the
protocol (v2).

If we're going to get this package fixed we should see if we can get the
new one to run.
Probably should come from upstream at:
https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy

Best regards,
Maciej
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
I am not sure what was the fix made. Likely was related to SSL cert
check. Can anyone please look at this and fix it same way as MT7620 ?
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Regards,
Mangesh
--
Regards,
Mangesh Bhamre
Maciej Soltysiak
2018-02-17 23:24:17 UTC
On my MIPS32 (WNDR3800) system, I noticed the C binary was <100k.
The GO binary is 6.5MB, I ran upx on it and it went down to 1.5M.
It incurs about 1s of delay for unpacking, but it works.

I don't know much about packaging this around the uci scripting, etc, but I
hope this helps the maintainer a bit.

Best regards,
Maciej
Post by Maciej Soltysiak
The OpenWrt Makefile aims to get dnscrypt-proxy 1.9.5 from a mirror at
https://github.com/dyne/dnscrypt-proxy
However, the upstream (Frank Denis) recently released a 2.0 which is
significantly different.
It's now written in go, instead of C and it support the new version of the
protocol (v2).
If we're going to get this package fixed we should see if we can get the
new one to run.
Probably should come from upstream at: https://github.com/jedisct1/
dnscrypt-proxy
Best regards,
Maciej
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
I am not sure what was the fix made. Likely was related to SSL cert
check. Can anyone please look at this and fix it same way as MT7620 ?
Post by Mangesh Bhamre
Regards,
Mangesh
--