[OpenWrt-Devel] What should I do if I want to use the RGMII interface on Ralink RT3052?
郭传鈜
2015-02-19 02:14:30 UTC
Hello,everyone!
There is a kind of Huawei HG255D which has an RTL8211CL Gigabit PHY and We
are trying to add support for it.
But I can't find anything about the RGMII and mdio-bus in any dts file of
rt305x-based devices:-(
The only device I found which used the interface is WL-351 with an RTL8366
switch but it doesn't use the MDIO interface to control it. I tried to
copy the fpa2 and fct2 value from WL-351.dts but ,of course, it doesn't
work.
Then I tried to do the following:
https://github.com/981213/openwrt/commit/47fa84df4dcc9b8bfe49ed2211d463ed014e2df2
but it doesn't work too.
Could someone please tell me what should I do in the dts file and how can I
reset the PHY?

Sorry for my bad English:-)
Mikko Hissa
2015-02-19 07:24:29 UTC
Hi!
Post by 郭传鈜
Hello,everyone!
There is a kind of Huawei HG255D which has an RTL8211CL Gigabit PHY and We are trying to add support for it.
But I can't find anything about the RGMII and mdio-bus in any dts file of rt305x-based devices:-(
The only device I found which used the interface is WL-351 with an RTL8366 switch but it doesn't use the MDIO interface to control it. I tried to copy the fpa2 and fct2 value from WL-351.dts but ,of course, it doesn't work.
https://github.com/981213/openwrt/commit/47fa84df4dcc9b8bfe49ed2211d463ed014e2df2 <https://github.com/981213/openwrt/commit/47fa84df4dcc9b8bfe49ed2211d463ed014e2df2>
Yes, there's that and then you need to configure registers for gdma2 in the ethernet driver... Register a second netdev and map packets, to the corresponding netdev/gdma (in/out) interface, by dma descriptors.

OR

In the dst file under the esw, change the value of portmap to 3f.
XD
郭传鈜
2015-02-19 07:45:57 UTC
Portmap?This value is only for the default VLAN config of the switch right?
But the problem I'm facing is that the link status of port 5 is always
Hi!
Mikko Hissa
2015-02-19 08:01:22 UTC
Portmap?This value is only for the default VLAN config of the switch right? But the problem I'm facing is that the link status of port 5 is always "link down" even if I plugged in the network cable:-(
Actually no, the switch has like two logical switches and it doesn't forward packets between those two (LAN/WAN).
Does swconfig show the port as disabled?
Hi!
郭传鈜
2015-02-19 08:37:07 UTC
I've just changed the fpa2 value to 0x25502f28 (Port 5 is force enabled
now) so swconfig shows the port as "Link down".

RTL8211CL isn't a switch.It's just a gigabit PHY and other 4 ports of this
router is connected to the intergated switch:-)
郭传鈜
2015-02-19 09:04:01 UTC
Sorry , I'll confirm this and reply you later:-)
Post by 郭传鈜
I've just changed the fpa2 value to 0x25502f28 (Port 5 is force enabled
now) so swconfig shows the port as "Link down".
Yes, there's also POC0 register used to disable ports. It's default value
is set by bootloader. Swconfig should show an option disabled or similiar
under each port. What does it show?
郭传鈜
2015-02-19 12:08:35 UTC
Port 5: